Shops Revamp, New Plugin!

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Today we're proud to announce the shops are getting a revamp! We are replacing the old ChestShop plugin with a new shop plugin that offers some awesome features. Instead of hundreds of chests + signs + item frames (one for every. single. item. :o) for shops, spread out over large sprawling shops, the new plugin allows listing nearly unlimited items in a single shop (though we will allow up to 6 shops per player, for design purposes). Creating and using these new shops may be confusing at first, but the GUI is very straight forward and self-explanatory, and we're confident people can pick it up fast.

New Features:
(Sellers)

• GUI Shops. No more looking up IDs to add items, just shift-click then set the price!
  • Sell nearly unlimited items in a single shop.
  • Arrange items in shops how you want.
  • Have optional "Live Economy" pricing, per-item:
    • If players buy a lot of an item from you, the price goes up. If they sell a lot to you, the price goes down.
    • This is all automatic, at a rate you set per-item.
  • Players can have up to 6 shops on their shop plots, allow for creative arrangements, multiple shopkeepers, departments, whatever...
  • Style shops how you want: Chest shop, Hologram Shop, or NPC shops!
  • Premium players get exclusive access to certain NPC shops types, and premium players with the pets packages get even more!

(Buyers)

• GUI Shops, no more running around to dozens of chests to find one item.
  • Search for items by name, type, etc.
  • Easily buy and sell items, no more confusion about left/right click and which is the buy or sell price.
  • Open a players shop from anywhere in the city!

Shop Plots

Along with this new plugin, will come changes to shop plots: mainly they will be smaller to allow for more players to have their own shops. Players won't need as much space to cram in many chests, so will be more free to build something cool and just have a "shopkeeper" NPC serve their customers their items. It will also be much easier for us to repossess shop plots, as we won't have tons of shop chests to sort through. We will also be getting rid of the shop "map" near spawn, as it is just too difficult to keep updated consistently. We will be very critical of any shop that has not changed to use the new shop system.

Shop plots are also now limited to one shop plot per player, and only shop owners can place shops on the plot!

Current Shops

We will be keeping the ChestShop plugin installed for the time-being so current shops will still work, but we will be working to phase these out, and will be very likely to repossess any shop still using ChestShops, especially as we move closer to removing the plugin entirely.

Creating a Shop

I will update the "Creating Shops" how-to thread with detailed information on using the shop system, but here is the basics to get people started:

1. Place a chest on a shop plot.
  2. Put a sign on that chest (ignore the private stuff), and type [shop] on the first line:
    • qm50H.thumb.png.c2ed5a22520cc0c10c1bab41

3. Name your shop in the anvil GUI:

• H430l.thumb.png.d7a0568a1a478fdbade0e5e1

4. There, you've created your shop! Notice it says "Closed" on the front, thats because there's nothing in it yet!
  5. Add an item by shift-clicking, or dragging it from your inventory. Click the item to manage the price.

Hover over every item in the shop menu to learn about what it does, how to add items, change settings, etc, etc.

cYEZw.thumb.png.7cdf073704ad3af8663e09b0
Edited by Absentee23

Posted (edited)

This is so fricking cool cant wait to use it later!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by XxdonkyslayerxX

Posted

"We will also be getting rid of the shop "map" near spawn, as it is just too difficult to keep updated consistently. We will be very critical of any shop that"

That what?

The idea is pretty cool though.

Posted (edited)

"We will also be getting rid of the shop "map" near spawn, as it is just too difficult to keep updated consistently. We will be very critical of any shop that"

That what?

The idea is pretty cool though.

​The subway station in the shop area is also a "map" of shops, and your question "the what??" is exactly why we're going to remove it: nobody really uses it, and its too much work to keep up-to-date.

Edited by Absentee23

Posted

I meant where you trailed off saying, "We will be very critical of any shop that" and just stopped before finishing the sentance. The other bit was there to make the text easier to find the the paragraph. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted

I meant where you trailed off saying, "We will be very critical of any shop that" and just stopped before finishing the sentance. The other bit was there to make the text easier to find the the paragraph. Sorry for the confusion.

​Ah sorry I guess I went off to edit something else and forgot to finish that lol

Fixed.

Posted

How can you access the shops from anywhere in the city?

1 person likes this

Posted

Had my first go at making two new chest shops, with variable results.

Overall I like it, but I ran into an issue trying to set a price on an item. The anvil GUI came up, I typed a number and clicked and then EXPLODEY! Then the shop fell apart and I was out ~1000. I also hadn't realized each new chest shop will cost you a ~1000 upon creation. A deposit system might be nice as opposed to a purchase system, if such thing is possible.

I've got two set up now on the outside of my Big Red X store if people want to see what they look like.

Posted

I didn't have any sort of issue like that. Give me what you said in more detail, like what price you set and what you clicked.

In case you didn't realize, your shops outside are closed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, sorry, it was Amount Sold I clicked, not Price. I just tried again the same way - clicked Manage Item, then Set Amount. I entered a number (64) and clicked the paper on the right. This time, it closed the GUI and the chest didn't break, so I'm not entirely sure what I did different. Tried to change the price as well, and again, this time it worked.

As for the shops being closed, I must've misunderstood the OP. It mentions the shop starting clsoed because it lacks inventory, so I assumed it would auto-open once I added products. Found the Open/Close toggle tho. Thanks! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Abs, just had a strange issue with the new shop.  LisTDI had a "chicken" as one of her shop interfaces.  When she clicked on it it wouldn't open and after a couple of more clicks it actually killed the chicken but all the contents of the shop were lost.  She got feathers and raw chicken but lost all the contents.  There were 1000's of wheat, cocoa beans, eggs and some other things.  I think this is a glitch that could be quite costly.  Perhaps these characters should be protected unless they're empty or something.  

Posted

All of the shops are backed up every hour.

Posted

Thanks Uber, any idea how we get it back?   We've also noticed that 2 of the 3 "villager" shops we have are actually regular villigers now and no longer shops.  So we've now lost 3 shops full of items :(   Something is pretty messed up somewhere.

Posted

Talk to Abs when you are online and he will get it sorted out. The shops are buggy because (I think) the plugin is relatively new, and it is definitely new to CakeMine and the server's specific plugins and setup. Abs and the plugin developers will get it sorted out eventually, and in the meantime we will just have to bear with them.

Posted

What would be the Pets package extra?

Emp. Rex.

Posted

Emp. Rex.

​Details on the pets premium packages can be found on the Premium Store page.

Posted

Re: Shop Keepers

skyboot11 has added me as a keeper to his fledgling shop, but I seem to be unable to add new items to the stock, nor can I add to existing stock. The tooltip within the Manage Shopkeepers UI when hovering over the ender chest seemed to indicate a Keeper can add to stock. (As an aside, the tooltip is displayed partially off-screen for me. YMMV.)

Related to this, can we get a link to the plugin dev's site? My Google-fu is strong, but I keep coming up with info on the old plugin, and I'd like to know more about the features and limitations.

Posted

Re: Shop Keepers

skyboot11 has added me as a keeper to his fledgling shop, but I seem to be unable to add new items to the stock, nor can I add to existing stock. The tooltip within the Manage Shopkeepers UI when hovering over the ender chest seemed to indicate a Keeper can add to stock. (As an aside, the tooltip is displayed partially off-screen for me. YMMV.)

Related to this, can we get a link to the plugin dev's site? My Google-fu is strong, but I keep coming up with info on the old plugin, and I'd like to know more about the features and limitations.

​You can find more info about the shop plugin here.

Note: I'm behind on updates, will be updated soon. Any problems may or may not be fixed after an update.

Posted

Emp. Rex.

• Premium players get exclusive access to certain NPC shops types, and premium players with the pets packages get even more!

​On reference to this, what is the exclusive types for pets package buyers?

Sorry about confusion before.

Posted

I believe they allow you to have different animals as your shop.